Apply for The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) Call for Grant Applications 2020. The deadline for the application is 31st July 2020.
Furthermore, the African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) is an intergovernmental organization to support the effective conservation and promotion of the cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa.
Additionally, the main objective of the AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites. Furthermore, the AWHF is a category Centre under the auspices of UNESCO.
AWHF grant will only cover direct costs related to the project activities and applicants should provide a detailed budget in US$ for every activity.
- Countries/Region – the African continent
- Project activities are restricted to World Heritage Sites as declared by UNESCO.
- Additionally, project proposals MUST address challenges affecting the State of Conservation of selected World Heritage property (projects addressing the conservation issues raised in the State of conservation (SoC) reports and the decisions made by the World Heritage Committee have added advantage).
- Furthermore, projects focusing on entrepreneurship initiatives or addressing sustainability issues at World Heritage properties.
- Also, those aiming at enhancing the legibility and accessibility of World Heritage properties through digital technologies.
- Likewise, government institutions involved in the management and protection of World Heritage Sites.
- Furthermore, the Head/Director of heritage institution/organization should approve the application along with a cover letter endorsing the project.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.