MCPHS University – Boston calls application for Fellowship in Geriatrics
The University invites applications for a Clinical Fellowship in Geriatrics, a 12-month appointment in the Pharmacy Outreach Program. The Fellow will develop an understanding of geriatric issues in pharmacy, providing comprehensive medication reviews, which include prescription coverage concerns, and be able to effectively communicate this information to patients, advocates, and health care providers.
The Fellow will develop a skill set that will allow the Fellow to better understand and provide Medication Therapy Management protocols to a geriatric population. Also, the Fellow will participate in the education of Doctor of Pharmacy students in the didactic and experiential settings.
- Participate in the daily operation of the Pharmacy Outreach Program.
- Participate in various Pharmacy Outreach programs within the state including, but not limited to, medication safety and targeted disease states.
- Provide comprehensive medication reviews to select patients.
- Assist in precepting advanced pharmacy practice rotations for pharmacy students within the Pharmacy Outreach Program.
- Teach in select student courses concerning geriatric issues.
- Attend postgraduate training seminars and functions.
- Participate and assist in developing various research protocols within the Pharmacy Outreach Program.
- Participate in the Massachusetts Chapter of American Society of Consultant Pharmacists activities.
- Analyze study data and assist in the preparation of final reports.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be eligible for this Fellowship in Geriatrics at MCPHS University – Boston
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- Eligibility for licensure in Massachusetts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS University) is a private university focused on medical and health-related science programs and located in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area of Boston, Massachusetts. The university provides traditional and accelerated programs of study focused on professional education in pharmacy and the health sciences.