The University of Louisiana calls application for Player Development Fellowship for Men’s Basketball.
The Player Development Fellowship for Men’s Basketball at the University of Lousiana is a temporary fellowship that focuses on the holistic development of student-athletes including character development, leadership skills, basketball development, and networking for future endeavors post-basketball. Moreover, the position functions as the liaison to the community to assure the basketball program are using its platform to serve the city of Louisville. In addition, it provides support to the basketball coaching staff by coordinating on-campus unofficial and official visits, as well as updating recruiting databases and recruiting boards. Lastly, the position involves assisting in special projects including opponent and self-scouting, game preparation, player evaluations, and other duties assigned by the head coach.
- Coordinate and implement player development programming for men’s basketball student-athletes.
- Develop strategies to positively reinforce the importance of character building and team building for student-athletes and coaches.
- Opponent scout – develop and coordinate scouting efforts of all opponents including evaluation of game film and creation of scouting reports for the coaching staff’s usage in preparation of upcoming games. The candidates will also coordinate the exchange of film and information with the opposing team staff.
- Player evaluation – assist coaching staff with short- and long-term strategies in player development of current student-athletes by evaluating practice and game performances using video analysis and advanced data analytics, as well as future student-athletes through video source preparation
- On-Campus Recruiting – assist the coaching staff with the coordination and logistics of all on-campus recruiting efforts for potential student-athletes, including providing on-campus tours as needed.
- Serve as a positive role model the student-athletes can look at when trying to grow and develop in the area of character building.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Candidates must have the following qualification to be eligible for Basketball Fellowship at University of Louisiana
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of experience in a collegiate program (full-time or graduate assistant). An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience may be substituted for the requirements noted.
- Proficient knowledge of various scouting technologies
- Effective organizational and interpersonal communication skills, including both verbal and written
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Two years of related work experience within a ‘Power 5’ Division I collegiate basketball program.
- Former Division, I student-athlete.
More information available here